Sunday, December 21, 2008

A Picture Update

I'm off work from Dukids for two weeks (woo hoo) and as of the 25th I will be off of work from both jobs for a whopping 11 days so I'm psyched!! Of course I have all of these plans for myself of things I will get done around the house etc. while I'm off. I'll be lucky to get half of them done but one of the top priorities is updating the blog.

So I signed on tonight to find out I had started uploading some pictures about two months ago and never finished. Haha. Here they are. They are very random and date back to June! I'm really sorry for not being better about updating this blog. For those of you who followed my blog in Peru you are used to frequent postings but after 12 hour days, the last thing I want to do at night is write on the computer. I'm trying to be better about it - really I am - hopefully once I get it all updated it will be easier to keep up with it by writing shorter postings.


I pulled over on the side of the road one day to take this picture to show you what it looks like when we leave base to drive home. This is headed towards the gate that we exit from and it's pretty spectacular in my opinion.

This is Erik showing off his cake for his 26th birthday - that's right 26th NOT 23rd like the cake says. Audrey was telling someone we were meeting for dinner at 6:30 when she was decorating the cake so she made a 3 instead of a 6. And then she ran out of frosting. So Erik got "Happy 23" in pink frosting - what a lucky guy!!

The girls celebrating Erik's birthday.

Since just about everytime we talk to people from home they ask if we are eating sushi, I thought I would post a picture of some from our favorite sushi restaurant called Sushi Zen. It's delicious and only a 10 minute walk from our house!

One night our doorbell rang about 9 pm and it was our neighbor delivering these gifts to us. The bigger box was some kind of dessert (they weren't very good - we're not crazy about Japanese desserts) and we think the other package was scallops. She had drawn a picture of how to cook them and showed it to Giff when she dropped off the gifts. It was really sweet and generous of them.

This next series of pictures is from one of the body building competitions they have here in Okinawa. Audrey was asked to MC for the ceremony so Erik, Lydia and I went to support her. I'm not into body building at all (frankly I think it's kind of weird) but it turned out to be more entertaining than I had anticipated.

Audrey doing an awesome job!

One of the winners (there were different weight categories) posing with his trophy. They must use about 10 gallons each of spray tan because I saw a bunch of them in the gym the day before and they did NOT look like this!

This was a special guest who came from mainland. He is stationed in the military there and has won numerous body building competitions. His dance was really weird - he came out wearing a cape at first. I know they are serious about it but I tought it was funny.

No comments: